in-state tuition for residents of western states
Go to grad school in Portland for the price of a local through the Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE) & Western Regional Graduate Program (WRGP)
move to portland and study at some of the country's top-rated graduate programs in public affairs and policy, creative writing, environmental management, and more. if you are a resident of participating western states, you may qualify for an exciting opportunity to save money and earn a graduate degree from portland state.
full-time graduate students can save over $5,600 per year in tuition.
through the western interstate commission for higher education (wiche) and western regional graduate program (wrgp), master’s and doctoral students from select western states may enroll in qualifying graduate programs and pay tuition at the same rate as oregon residents. view the list below to see if the program you're interested in qualifies!
the wiche/wrgp tuition benefits are awarded to students who meet all of the following criteria:
- be a resident of one of the following states or territories for a minimum of one year immediately preceding their term of admission: alaska, arizona, california, colorado, commonwealth of northern mariana islands (cnmi), guam, hawaii, idaho, montana, nevada, new mexico, north dakota, south dakota, utah, washington, or wyoming.
- admitted to one of the following psu graduate programs:
- creative writing, m.f.a
- criminology and criminal justice, m.s.
- earth, environment and society, ph.d.
- english, m.a.
- environmental management, m.e.m.
- environmental science and management, m.s.
- finance, m.s.
- history, m.a.
- public administration, m.p.a.
- public administration: health administration, m.p.a.
- public affairs and policy, ph.d.
- public interest design, graduate certificate
- public policy, m.p.p.
- real estate development, m.r.e.d.
- taxation, m.t.
- teaching english to speakers of other languages, m.a.
- urban and regional planning, m.u.r.p.
- urban studies, m.u.s.
- urban studies, ph.d.
- submit the wiche/wrgp application